Get a Library Card
Who is eligible for a free Harrison Public Library card?
You are eligible if:
- you live in Harrison, NY
- you do not live in Westchester County, NY, but own property, attend school, or work in Harrison, NY
You are not eligible if:
- you do not live, own property, attend school, or work in Harrison, NY
- you live elsewhere in Westchester County
- you may apply for a library card from the local library where you live
How do I apply for a library card?
- Please fill out the form below
- You will receive your library card by mail, unless you are a Manhattanville or Purchase College student (you will receive your account information by email).
- You may apply for a library card in-person at the Richard E. Halperin Memorial Library Building or West Harrison Branch.
- You must present photo ID and proof that you live, attend school, or work in Harrison
Examples of acceptable forms of photo ID and proof of address:
- driver’s license or learner’s permit
- IDNYC non-driver’s identification card
If your photo ID does not include your address, you must present a photo ID (ex. employee ID, school ID, recreation card, etc.) and proof of address (ex. bank statement, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)
Can children get a library card?
Children (ages 0-12)
- There is no minimum age requirement to apply for a library card.
- A parent or guardian must sign and present photo ID and proof of address for children ages 0-12.
Young Adults (ages 13-17)
- Young adults ages 13-17 can apply for a library card without a parent or guardian present.
- If a young adult does not have a photo ID with proof of address, they may present a school ID, school schedule, report card, or recreation card.
How do I renew or replace my card?
Renew Your Expired Card
- In order to keep your information up to date, your library card may expire every three years until your personal information is confirmed at the library.
- Visit the library to renew your library card.
- Your card can not be renewed through the online application form.
Replace Your Lost Card
- You may replace your lost card at the Halperin Building or West Harrison Branch.
- Please bring your ID and/or proof of eligibility with you (see above).
- There is a $2 fee to replace your library card.
- Your card can not be replaced through the online application form.
College Students: Please enter your home address. If you live on campus, please remember to include your mailbox number.
The eligibility for this address could not be automatically confirmed. This does not necessarily mean you are ineligible. We will review your application when it is processed.
You are eligible for a Harrison Public Library card if you reside, own property, work, or attend school in Harrison. If you live in another part of Westchester, you may apply for a library card at your local library and the card may then be used at any library in the Westchester Library System.