Get a Library Card
Who is eligible for a free Harrison Public Library card?
You are eligible if:
- you live in Harrison, NY
- you do not live in Westchester County, NY, but own property, attend school, or work in Harrison, NY
You are not eligible if:
- you do not live, own property, attend school, or work in Harrison, NY
- you live elsewhere in Westchester County
- you may apply for a library card from the local library where you live
How do I apply for a library card?
- Please fill out the form below
- You will receive your library card by mail, unless you are a Manhattanville or Purchase College student (you will receive your account information by email).
- You may apply for a library card in-person at the Richard E. Halperin Memorial Library Building or West Harrison Branch.
- You must present photo ID and proof that you live, attend school, or work in Harrison
Examples of acceptable forms of photo ID and proof of address:
- driver’s license or learner’s permit
- IDNYC non-driver’s identification card
If your photo ID does not include your address, you must present a photo ID (ex. employee ID, school ID, recreation card, etc.) and proof of address (ex. bank statement, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)
Can children get a library card?
Children (ages 0-12)
- There is no minimum age requirement to apply for a library card.
- A parent or guardian must sign and present photo ID and proof of address for children ages 0-12.
Young Adults (ages 13-17)
- Young adults ages 13-17 can apply for a library card without a parent or guardian present.
- If a young adult does not have a photo ID with proof of address, they may present a school ID, school schedule, report card, or recreation card.
Only new applicants can apply online. If you are replacing a card or currently have a card from another library in Westchester, please visit the library with a photo ID and proof of address to get a Harrison Public Library card.
College Students: You are eligible for a Harrison Library card if you live on campus, in Harrison, or outside Westchester county. If you live in another part of Westchester, you must apply for a card from your local library.
Please enter your home address. If you live on campus, please remember to include your mailbox number.