Town of Harrison – Information and Services
- Town of Harrison – Website
- Sign up for Nixle Emergency Alerts from the Harrison Police Department by texting “HARRISON” to 888-777 or by going to Nixle.com It’s quick, easy and secure.
- Harrison Central School District
- Learning from Home – Harrison Central School District
- Child Care for Distance Learning Days
- Food Pantry
The office is staffed to take phone inquiries and emails. Phone calls may not be answered immediately if staff is assisting residents at the Food Pantry. Visits to the Food Pantry are by appointment only. Call 914-670-3026 office, 914-447-5412 cell, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families in Harrison School District who need to apply for free and reduced meals
- Harrison Chamber of Commerce
- Harrison Youth Council – Free and Confidential Counseling Services
- Alzheimer Support Group: https://www.alzheimersupport.com/
Voting in Harrison, New York
- Voting & Elections in Harrison, New York
- You must be a citizen of the United States, over 18 years of age by the date of the election, and living at your address for 25 days prior to the election.
- 2020 Election – Candidates for the offices – NYS Election Board Certification
- Tutorial video on how to vote in 2020 from the League of Women Voters of Westchester. Learn everything you need to know about the three ways to vote: Absentee Ballot, Early Voting, and Election Day. You will learn the steps to take and the important deadline dates to determine which way to vote is best for you.
Voter registration information:
Where to get the voter registration form:
- Obtain it from the Harrison Public Library at curbside by calling (914) 835-0324 or in person by appointment
- Print the online registration forms: English version or Spanish version
- Online voter registration
- You can use the DMV Electronic Voter Registration Application to register to vote or to update the information you have on file with the New York State Board of Elections.
The forms above can be used to:
- Register to vote in New York State. Note: You must register at least 25 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- Change your name and/or address.
- Enroll in a political party
- Change your enrollment
Information Related to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Get the Facts
- NYS COVID-19 Report Card
- Reopening New York
- Metrics to Guide Reopening New York
- Westchester County Government News
- The RideConnect offers to set up a ‘Shop and Drop’ service for older adults and those with compromised immune system to help keep them safely at home. Volunteers get a client’s grocery list, do the shopping and drop the groceries off at the client. Please call them at (914) 242-7433 to set up the service. If you are interested in volunteering for this program, please use the same phone number to become involved
- New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
- AARP – Money Scams and Frauds
- Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Sifting Through the Pandemic
- AARP – Weekly Live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall, Thursdays at 1 p.m.
- New York State DOH: Novel Coronavirus – Get Involved – How You Can Help
- Unemployment Benefits and CARES ACT Explained
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Q&A – New York State Department of Labor
- File an Unemployment Claim
- COVID-19 for Working People
For union workers.
- Resources to Help You Navigate the Challenges of Today’s Job Market – 11 Free courses including resume writing and interview tips from LinkedIn
- Westchester County Employment & Job Postings
Financial Relief Information
- COVID-19 Financial Survival Toolkit for New Yorkers
- Social Security Q&A during COVID-19 Pandemic
- New Paid Leave for COVID-19 – New York State
- Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
Health Care & Health Insurance
- Westmed Virtual Visit
- Telehealth Coverage Policies in the Time of COVID-19 to Date
- Medicare & Coronavirus
- Medicare Telehealth
- New York State Health Plan Marketplace
- Community Health Advocates
Community Health Advocates (CHA) helps New Yorkers navigate the complex health care system by providing individual assistance, outreach, and education to communities throughout New York State.
- COVID-19 Telehealth Toolkit
- FAQ for State Medicaid and CHildren’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) AgenciesThe Assistance Fund (FAF)
The Assistance Fund (TAF) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial assistance to patients with serious and chronic diseases.
- https://www.alzheimersupport.com Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Through our free search tool and nationwide database of Alzheimer’s care facilities, families who are in need of care for their loved ones are able to locate licensed care homes and communities that are best equipped to provide care for their loved ones.
- Apply for Social Services Benefits
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP (Food Stamp)
- New York State WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Recipients – WIC2Go. For more information on WIC support, please visit their wicconnect.com or call 844-540-3031, their eWIC card Customer Service line.
- Submit Official Documents for Medicaid, SNAP, HEAP, or TA
NYDocSubmit is a mobile application that allows certain applicants and recipients in Westchester to take pictures of their documents and submit them to their local district office using their Apple iOS or Android device.
- Feeding Westchester
Visit the website for those who wish to help or if you need food during this time.
- Harrison Chamber of Commerce
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification – Labor Department of New York State
- Disaster Assistance from SBA (Small Business Administration)
- SBA COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Paycheck Protection Program
- Non-Profit Westchester COVID-19 Advocacy Statement and Resources
- Grants to Westchester Nonprofit Organizations from United Way
- New York Council of Nonprofits – COVID-19 Resources
- From NPQ (Nonprofit Quarterly) – Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19
- Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act (Public Law 116-136)
Want to Help?
- County seeking volunteers to help Small Business Owners complete applications for Assistance Programs
- Donate to First Responders Fund
- Blood Donation
- Volunteer New York
- COVID-19 Emergency Supply Sourcing & Manufacturing
Can your business help out the New York State or the City? New York State and New York City are seeking businesses with the ability to quickly source and/or make needed medical supplies (e.g. face shields, gowns, ventilators, masks, and other products as needed) to support the City’s COVID-19 response.