April 2nd, 2019
Galina · Staff Recommendations
The Harrison Public Library is launching its One Book, One Community reading project during the month of April, which will coincide with National Library Week. This year we have chosen to read the thought-provoking memoir Inheritance: Genealogy, Paternity and Love by bestselling author Dani Shapiro. Among the topical issues explored are genealogy, DNA testing, paternity, artificial insemination, and bioethics.
If you have read Inheritance and you are looking for more books like this one, check our recommendations. We have prepared a list of books that are similar in content and style.
- Futureface: A Family Mystery, an Epic Quest, and the Secret to Belonging
- The Forgetting River: A Modern Tale of Survival, Identity, and the Inquisition
- The Stranger in My Genes: A Memoir
- Bird of Paradise: How I Became Latina
- Faces of America: How 12 Extraordinary People Discovered Their Pasts
- My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me: A Black Woman Discovers Her Family’s Nazi Past
- Catch Me Before I Fall
- Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir