Social Media Policy
Definition of Social Media
Social media is defined as any web application, site, or account created and maintained by the Harrison Public Library that supports the Harrison Public Library social media purpose statement.
Purpose of Social Media
The purpose of the social media employed by the Harrison Public Library is to disseminate information about and promote Library programs, news, projects, and ongoing activities to all members of the Harrison community, consistent with the Library’s mission statement, and to provide a forum for Library staff and Library users to share opinions and information about Library-related subjects and issues.
The Harrison Public Library welcomes the comments, posts, and messages of the community and recognizes and respects differences in opinion. However, all comments, posts, and messages are subject to review and the Harrison Public Library reserves the right to, but is not required to, remove any comment, post, or message that it deems inappropriate. The Harrison Public Library is not responsible for or liable for any content posted by any participant in a Library social media forum who is not a member of the Library’s staff.
Content containing any of the following will be removed immediately from any Harrison Public Library social media forum:
- Obscene comments or hate speech
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Private or personal information, including phone numbers and addresses, or requests for personal information
- Potentially libelous statements
- Falsification of identity
- Plagiarized material
- Comments, links, or information unrelated to the purpose of the forum
- Spam or other commercial or political messages.
Adopted by the Harrison Public Library Board of Trustees, 7/1/13.