Friends of the Harrison Public Library
Friday | February 7th | 10:00am | Harrison Public Library
We all need friends! Even libraries need Friends. Become a Friend of the Harrison Public Library and show your support and love for your library. In these days of budget cuts the need is greater than ever for members of the community to step up and help us. You may volunteer as much or as little as you want.
The Friends of the Harrison Public Library is a volunteer group whose mission is to:
- inform the community of the library’s resources, services and needs;
- sponsor and stimulate volunteer service for the library;
- provide funding for library programs;
- sponsor cultural programs and exhibits;
- purchase items for the library beyond the library’s ordinary budget;
- encourage gifts to the library;
- support staff enrichment;
The Friends sponsor many special programs and events throughout the year. These programs and events are publicized in the newsletter of the Friends - "Library Currents" - and also posted in Events at Main Library and Events at West Harrison Branch.
How to Join
The Friends invite you to support your Library by participating in these volunteer activities. Membership information is available at the Circulation Desk of either Library.
Messages for the Friends may be left at the circulation desk of either Library.
|Friends of the Harrison Public Library - Officers|
|Albina Hicks||Vice President|
|Lola Geiger||President Emerita|