Richard E. Halperin Memorial Library Building
DISCUSSION | FOREIGN POLICY
"Great Decisions" is America's largest discussion program on world affairs. The program involves reading articles, watching videos, and meeting in a group to discuss the most critical global issues facing America today. Program is facilitated by Joan Katen, Adjunct Professor of Political Science and Peace and Justice, with special guest speakers.
Participants contribute to the 2017 FPA National Opinion Ballot which can be submitted online (www.fpa.org/ballots) or in person. You do not need a briefing book to participate. Video and articles for discussion can be found online at www.fpa.org. Reference copy of briefing booklet available at Harrison Library.
The Great Decision series is free and open to the public. However due to popularity, each session is on a first come first served basis.
- January 17 | 1:30-3:30p (FUTURE OF EUROPE & BREXIT) Snow Date: January 24 | 1:30-3:30p
- February 7 | 1:30-3:30p (TRADE & POLITICS) Snow Date: February 16 | 1:30-3:30p
- March 7 | 1:30-3:30p (PROSPECTS FOR AFGHANISTAN & PAKISTAN) Snow Date: March 14 | 1:30-3:30p
- April 4 | 1:30-3:30p (SAUDI ARABIA IN TRANSITION (GCC))
- April 19 | 6:30-8:30p (GEOPOLITICS: CLIMATE CHANGE & PETROLEUM)
- May 9 | 1:30-3:30p (LATIN AMERICA’S POLITICAL PENDULUM)
- May 23 | 1:30-3:30p (SOUTH CHINA SEA CONFLICT)
- June 7 | 6:30-8:30p (NUCLEAR SECURITY)