Computer Availability and Use
Computers with Internet access are available at both the Main Library and the West Harrison Branch. Rules for their use are below. Introductory Internet and on-line catalog classes are held on a regular basis at the Main Library. No registration is necessary. Please click on Events at Main Library for specific dates and times.
Rules For Computer Use
Westchester County residents may log onto a computer using their Westchester library card number. Non-residents shall be issued a guest pass at the information desk.
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Computers may be used for 30-minute sessions. If no one is waiting, the computer will allow you to stay on longer.
- If a computer is not being used, you may walk right up to it and log on to use that computer.
- If all computers are in use, please sign up at the PC Reservation Station, located next to the Information Desk. A receipt will be printed directing you to a computer at a specified time. Be aware of your designated time. The system allows a five-minute grace period for you to log on.
- There is a limit of one person at a time at each computer. If two people need to work together on one computer, please see a librarian at the Information Desk.
- There is a charge of 15 cents per page to print. Please pay the Librarian at the Information Desk before printing.
- Library staff may not be available to provide technical support.
- Workstations will shut down 10 minutes before closing.
The Harrison Public Library assumes no responsibility for any damages to Library users' personal devices, software, files, and/or equipment. Do not turn off or reboot the computers. Tampering with Library equipment or attempting to access or modify the operating system or any other software or programming, including bypassing network security functions, is prohibited.
Please be aware that these are public computers used by patrons of all ages. The Harrison Public Library cannot monitor the information that is obtained through these computers. Parents are advised to take an active interest in their children's online use. No filtering (blocking software) is used on these computers, but the Librarians or staff may ask you to refrain from viewing or using particular sites or content. If asked to refrain, you must comply immediately.
This Library adheres to the Westchester Library System Internet Use Policy, which is available at the Information Desk.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in loss of computer privileges.
Amended: December 6, 2010 by the Harrison Public Library Board of Trustees